Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Choc ices and confession

Hey, good title. Maybe I could use that one day ... Not as bad a day at work as yesterday. Thank the Lord! Managed to get the first draft of the minutes out for checking, plus an agenda for the next meeting in two weeks' time. I must be rocking today. And the few people at work I told about my broadcasting success with "Ten things I know about Life" (http://www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounties/features/write_hear_write_now) seemed to enjoy it so that cheered me up a little.

Walked round campus at lunchtime, and sat for a while next to the lake, watching a moorhen eating grass. Do moorhens eat grass? That's what it appeard to be doing anyway. Quite relaxing actually. It's not often I allow myself time to do nothing - must try and factor it in more regularly. Might make me rather less subject to these dreadful mood swings, if nothing else. And at the end of the day, the boss brought us some choc ices, so that really made everyone feel great. Boss of the Month award is definitely his for July.

Tonight, Lord H and I are out at the first of our sessions at the Guildford Diocese Summer School, entitled "Reconciliation and Confession" - so we'll find out all about how it fits into the Anglican psyche. Answer- very secretly and with much embarrassment, I imagine. Still, it should be an interesting subject. Was talking with Lord H about church over dinner just now - and we both agreed that, at the moment, it's like a huge "church monster" sitting in the corner of the room which you have to keep feeding, and it's giving nothing back, damn it. Surely there must be another way of being a Christian and having some kind of relationship with God other than church? - as church certainly ain't doing the trick right now. I simply see it as another business function I have to perform. And I'm not sure that's what the good Lord intended ...

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: