Wednesday, October 25, 2006

University Open Day

Ah the rollercoaster ride of the University Open Day - I covered the afternoon slot, but was on my own most of the time as one of my colleagues was having a work crisis. I'm not at my best at this type of event, but I think I managed the well as I could and sent everyone away happy. Bloody exhausting though!

Shopping this evening, a quick dinner and then the excitement of "Torchwood" on TV. Well, it's looking good, though it isn't a patch on "Dr Who" of course - but you can't go wrong with John Barrowman as Cap'n Jack Harkness. Hmm, serious eye candy ...

Have just finished Nik Perring's "I met a Roman last night, what did you do?" book for children. Very enjoyable and energetic, and a definite one for the young people's Christmas list. And nice to see Beowulf mentioned of course. Good on ya, Nik!

Today's nice things:

1. Surviving Open Day
2. Torchwood
3. Nik's book.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: