Sunday, April 01, 2012

Angels and Airheads

Book News:

I'm happy to announce that my gay romantic short story Angels and Airheads has just been republished by Musa Publishing, and is available at Amazon UK for 77p and Amazon US for $1.22. You can also find out more at the Musa Erato blog, and I've already received two 4-star reviews, here and here. Many thanks to both commenters.

The blurb is:

Ricky has been secretly in love with his best friend Jez forever, but he's never dared confess his feelings because he thinks Jez is too high-class for him. One evening, while sharing a quiet evening with Jez, a mysterious angel, Madred, appears and tries to persuade Ricky to take a chance on love. Too bad Ricky doesn't believe in angels. Madred is forced to take desperate measures in an attempt to show the reluctant Ricky the truth. When the angel leaves, can Ricky find the courage to declare himself to Jez, and what will happen to their friendship if he does?


So if you're in the mood for a little light romance, then Angels and Airheads is the one for you - enjoy!

Gay erotic short story For One Night Only also received a 5-star review at Goodreads, so many thanks to Melissa for that.

This week, I've edited an upcoming interview and written two articles about male prostitutes, but from different angles. Um, as it were. I've also start a new gay short story about an unusual romance with a boardroom setting but it's very early days and there's certainly no title yet.

And, much to my delight, I've now signed the contract for literary short story The Gift of The Snow, which will be published later this year by Untreed Reads, hurrah.

The Sunday haiku is:

Sunlight and birdsong
infiltrate my sleepy eye.
The day begins. Soon ...


Life News:

Have had a mercifully short bout of the usual catarrh illness this week, but the mix of drugs recommended by people during my last session (for which many thanks), plus the early downing of a regular supply of Mucron tablets and Manukah honey, all seem to have meant it's not been either too bad or too long drawn-out. So I had to have two nights on the sofa but I did manage some sleep on both occasions, and I wasn't actually sick, hurrah.

Neither has it stopped me keeping busy on the domestic and garden front. We cleaned all the windows during the week so we can actually see out of them after the roofing work. The builders were supposed to do it, or so I believed, but have sadly disappeared, ah well ... but at least we can see out now. K and I have also weeded the garden thoroughly, planted the sweet peas, potted up some more plants and seeds, and put the chitted grass seed on the lawn. So nearly set for summer then. Oh, and the Paris heuchera now has three flowers on it, well gosh.

Yesterday, we spent a lovely day entertaining some old University friends and their tribe, which was great - though the weather could have been a tad better, I have to say. Obviously, the Universe didn't get my email about it ... I then spent most of the evening searching for where on earth I put the Vick's vapour rub (so good for the catarrh, don't you know), before giving up - and discovering it in my handbag this morning where I'd obviously put it for safekeeping. Sigh. I swear I looked TWICE in my handbag yesterday night and it definitely wasn't there. I blame the gremlins.

Today was the Palm Sunday service at church, and we even managed to process the entire way round the church building singing an appropriate hymn and keep so much in time with the organist who remained inside playing the tune that we were only half a note in front when we all came back in again. Gold stars to us, I believe! Hey, we rock.

Anne Brooke
The Gathandrian fantasy trilogy
Gay Reads UK
Biblical Fiction UK

2 comments:

Megan said...

More busy-ness, more success Anne, all really good. Very glad you're feeling better too xx

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Megan! Big hugs to you! :))