Sunday, May 05, 2013

The Beginning of Knowledge

Book News:

My literary gay erotic story The Beginning of Knowledge is now available at Wilde City Press as part of the black-label erotica Charlie Harding Presents line. Here's the blurb:


When University administrator Alan Castleton meets temporary worker and talented pianist Luke Milton, he doesn't expect to become obsessed with the handsome young blond. But soon he is heavily involved in a passionate and angry affair, and exploring the dark shadows of his own personality in a way he's never encountered before.
The more Alan tries to break free from his obsession, the deeper it entangles him. The dangerous split between his reason and his sexual desires threatens his peace of mind and, when the crisis point comes, he must decide once and for all the kind of life he should lead.


Here's what Charlie himself says:

When two people meet for the first time sometimes there are sparks, sometimes irritation and sometimes the connection can't be defined. When personalities collide, restraint can go out the window, with darkest desires and sexual tension forcing us all to do things we never thought we would. This is one of those stories. Be careful, this tale might awaken things inside yourself that you never even knew existed.

Already the book has gained one 5-star review at On Top Down Under Reviews, where the lovely Karen says:

"I want more. The characterisations were terrific, the chemistry, for what it was, perfect, the sex was dark, nasty, erotic as sin … and I LOVED it. The Beginning of Knowledge is the most perfect title … This is one of my favourite Anne Brooke reads. I loved the dark eroticism and the excellent development of the characters. In such a short word count I felt like I knew both men well."

It also has a 4-star review at Goodreads. Many thanks indeed to both reviewers for their comments.

In addition, gay thriller Maloney's Law also gained a 4-star review at MM Good Book Reviews this week. They say:

"Wow, just wow! The more I read Ms. Brooke's books, the more I'm coming to the conclusion that this author picks her characters right from the corner of the street. In this book too, she has made an extremely great job with her protagonists. But it's not just them. Every single character here is unique. I couldn't stop thinking while reading this story that each and every one of them pulses with life. They are true if not real and able to evoke too many emotions from the reader."

Gosh, thank you!

I'm also utterly thrilled to say that, after years and years (aeons, I tell you!) of being out with a variety of small publishers, bisexual thriller Thorn in The Flesh has finally received its first official review from Open Book Reviews, who say:

"The plot twist is off the charts! I can't say more or it would be too obvious. I will say this, Thorn in the Flesh is emotionally stirring, dealing with circumstances that most of us will never understand. I began the story not having much respect for Kate. By the end of the book, I felt as if I'd been to hell and back with her. Despite never having been in Kate's circumstances, the story made me think about my own life and where I am currently. I recommend the book to everyone."

Thank you and thank you again!

And, not to be outdone, my biblical short story collection The Betrayal of Birds was briefly at No 61 in the Amazon US Christian short story charts, so that was all very jolly.

Life News:

The BIG news of this week is that my lovely husband was mentioned by name in the review of the Elstead play performed a couple of weeks ago, in one of our local papers, the Farnham Herald. The lovely Helen Riddy who wrote the review said he gave "a thoughtful, understated and comedic performance." Hurrah! Naturally, I am now the world's biggest and loudest Husband FanGirl Wife and doing a heck of a lot of shrieking, while poor K hides in the garden and tries to ignore me. I'm already planning his world tour, don't you know ...

This week, Spring is continuing to get well and truly settled in. We've seen a Great Spotted Woodpecker and a Nuthatch on the bird feeder, along all the other usual visitors, so that was wonderful. Plus we've also seen our first Orange Tip butterfly of the season in the garden, where we've been planting out our foxgloves, poppies and petunias. I'm hoping for a lot of colour this year, that's for sure. And there's still plenty to be done.

Yesterday, I baked a Chocolate Sponge Cake, which has turned out rather well - probably because I had to use my special Husband Food Mixer (and no, that's NOT rude - steady on, people ...), as my electric mixer is still broken. So it's really more him than me, I must say. I could get used to having these helpful kitchen servants, you know ...

Anne Brooke
Gay Reads UK
Biblical Fiction UK
Lori Olding Children's Author

No comments: