Sunday, January 04, 2015

FREE book: Acclaimed crime novel The Gangster's Wife

Crime novel The Gangster's Wife is FREE at Amazon until tomorrow only so don't miss out - especially as it's now received no less than NINE 5-star reviews at Amazon US, well gosh!

When 53-year-old Elise Walker returns home after a day at the office to find her husband Gerald dead of a heart attack, she doesn’t expect a visit from the police with revelations about Gerald’s secret life. 

Soon, however, her own life takes a distinctive turn for the surreal, with missing loot, online crime and curious neighbours the least of her problems. Not to mention trying to deal with never-ending funeral arrangements and stay on top of her job. 

Thank goodness then for the support of her ever-reliable boss, Hugh. But will even he turn against her when she decides to contact Gerald’s former gang members to find out more? And what is the real significance of the note Gerald left her? Most important of all, if Elise ever finds the money, will she be able to keep it? 

Here is a medley of the latest Amazon reviews:

"I loved this book. It was thrilling and kept me wanting to find out more along with the main character … Well written for anyone to enjoy!"

"I absolutely loved this book because it was engrossing, fast and very realising - It is the kind of book that you can put down and think to yourself: 'OK, who do I know that is leading a double life?'"

"Love, love, love this book! Elise is a woman I totally relate to … The book was beautifully worded and moved right along without lingering on its beautiful prose … Read this book. You won't be disappointed."

"Like a great movie … I would recommend it to anyone who wants to escape in a weird, but catchy story."

"I absolutely loved this book, very fast paced and interesting story! It is a fun read! I did not want to put this book down! Thanks, Anne Brooke, for a great read."

Gosh and phew - not bad then for a book I couldn't get any publishers to take a punt on as they thought readers wouldn't like it, hey ho … I'm very glad that some readers do, that's for sure!

If you do pick up the book, I'd be very grateful if you left a review, whatever you think - as reviews are lifelines to indie authors such as myself - many thanks, and happy reading!


No comments: